Tuesday 3 November 2009

A series of Stag photo's: Oct 2009

Posted October 2009


These were all taken within about 10 minutes of each other. I left the boys in a nice safe place, behind a fence, just in case the stags too offence to us being there. Then I tailed a stag and was very fortunate that he was very patient with me and allowed me to creep pretty close to him. I actually just stood there and stared at him for a while as they are so beautiful close up and I was pretty much in awe. I took a series of shots, all the while making sure he was still ok with my presence. Then suddenly he started bellowing and grunting. Oh my gosh, I was so close it scared me half to death and I nearly dropped my camera, lol! Thankfully it wasn't me he was objecting to, but a young buck that had arrived in his stand. I managed to capture som quick (so slightly soft) images of the stag running off down the hill to check out the brave soul. I was about to sneak off to leave them in peace when I heard a shuffle and a new stag was boldly stood where the other stag had vaccated. The whole thing was just amazing!







when I recovered enough to capture him grunting!






0 comments:

Post a Comment