Tuesday 3 November 2009

Been practicing! July 2008

Posted July 2008


I try and make a point of joining in a weekly competition on a site I use called COTW (composition of the week??) It is a great way of forcing yourself to learn and improve a certain skill or area and as all my area's need improvment and developing, I am more than happy to have a go. This week, it is all about eyes. Tack sharp (which as you can see from the previous post, I struggle with a little), catch lights ect. It really should be a head shot. Can you imagine how hard it was for me to try and get the boys to sit for long enough to try and get head pics with the eyes in focus?? LOL! In the end, I had to resort to snapping Jamie at the dinner table, lol! His seat faces the patio doors in the dining room, so perfect for catch lights if nothing else.

I have also been experimenting with my pp and think I have finally learned how to make colours pop a bit and appear brighter without colour casting a whole pic. Then I was watching a tutorial and finally learned how to have just a single object in colour within a desaturated background. As you can imagine, the boys developed a sudden interest in what I was doing and wanted to change thier eye colours, lol!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment