Tuesday 3 November 2009

Been through hectic times recently: June 2007

Posted June 2009


Wow, it's been a while again since I last posted, things have been a bit manic to say the least.

I started a photography course with the OU on 1st May. I am enjoying it but wish there was more in the way of C&C. I am glad I used vouchers to pay for this course rather than money or I may have felt that the money was slightly wasted. However, things are finally sinking in a little and I can work my way around my camera fairly quickly now, so that's something! I am hoping that in the coming months I will start to see a real improvement in my photography. Only time will tell.

Then Jamie broke his elbow after being pushed off a slide in the garden on 11th May. I was expecting a plaster cast and being able to come home, but the reality was that it would have been a difficult fix if done operatively, so they placed his arm in traction for 3.5 weeks. I don't mind admitting it was a very long 3.5 weeks. I fell quite behind on my course, not so much the reading , but the doing aspect of it. By the time we got home, I only had a few days to brush up on my knowledge for the mid term test. Thankfully I scored 93%. Shame it only accounts for 10% of the overall course marks.

I am now working towards my final submission, a panel of 10 photo's, preferably a mix of different styles that showcases what has been covered in the course. I would say my "thing" is portraiture, so I need to branch out a bit, so am spending weekends between now & 8th July trying my hand at different things, I would like some landscapes and some still life practice.

It was my birthday over the wekend and I finally got my speedlight, now I just have to work out how to use it, so watch this space!

In the meantime, I will share some recent shots, but will put them in their own posts mainly as there are too many to share in 1 post. I will share some of the shots I have taken for the OU course though.

Week 1: First it was "message in a bottle", where we had to depict light, viewpoint (perspective) & colour.

Viewpoint 1, 2 & 3

P1050993

P1050994

PICT1923

Colour

PICT1922

Light

PICT1929



Week 1, activity 2, had to find letters in ordinary things:

PICT1957

PICT1958

Hubby spotted a K

PICT1941

I am still partial to my lowercase n

PICT1822

0 comments:

Post a Comment