Tuesday 3 November 2009

Another cirlce....... the moon! July 2008

Posted July 2008


I finally did it! I managed to capture a pic of the moon I was happy with. I am so proud of this pic! I have ben trying to get a clear shot of the moon since I had my camera. It took a good 20 minutes of standing in the cold with no coat on (bear in mind I am 6 months pregnant, my coat doesn't fit!), fiddling with all the different settings trying to get the shot. The least likely setting that I would have thought of is what worked. I learned alot last night. These were taken in shutter priority mode, ss 1/20, aperture F8, focal length of 72mm and at ISO 100.

Photobucket

Mind you, perhaps I would have been better off coming back in after I fed the rabbits (it was already after 11.30pm), turning my computer back on and researching how to get a good shot of the moon. I wish I could say I got it straight away but here is the sequence of pics I took to get the 2 shots above........ don't laugh!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm starting to move in the right direction:

Photobucket

Just have to keep lowering the shutter speed:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ah ha! I am starting to see some detail on the surface of the moon!

Photobucket

Nearly there!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then the 1st pic, above and I was jumping around the garden with delight and partly to keep warm, lol! A steep learning curve, but well worth the time I took I think.

Ok, just edited the first shot as wondered if the moon was too yellow and looked like cheese, but I can't seem to get the pic quite how I want it, this was close but is seems a little dark. I guess I need to keep practicing, lol!

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment