Tuesday 3 November 2009

New blog! July 3rd 2008

Originally posted July 3rd 2008


Wow, I have sooo many blogs that I bet I forget at least one of them. I have started this as a way to share my photo's, the good, the bad and the downright ugly, lol! I have a flickr account, but only the free version and bandwidth is limited. I may consider upgrading if I think my pics are good enough.

Long story short. I have always had a vague interest in photography. I worked in a photography studio as my first job, starting with weekend reception and working my way up through appt coordinator, sales consultant, sales trainer and eventually cross trained in photography itself. I enjoyed the photographic aspect of my job, but hated the conveyor belt way they appointments were booked, every 10 minutes with double bookings every 30 minutes. Anyone who photographs kids will know that you will be lucky to get more than a few decent shots in 10 minutes, especially with a stranger behind the camera. I really enjoyed taking the photo's on slow days!

I now have 2 kids of my own, 2 sons and another on the way, due in October. I tend to find my camera is never far away. I finally got a new camera for my 30th birthday just over 2 weeks ago. We had a canon powershot S45 (which incidentally got dropped and broken by my youngest son that day of my birthday) and I now have a bridge camera, a Panasonic Lumix DCM-FZ8. I really wanted a DSLR but hubby thought I might get overwhelmed or not use it, so wanted me to work up to a DSLR. So far, I am pretty impressed with the range of things I can do with the FZ8. It has a great range of manual settings to mess with. I am still basically messing around with it, trying to get a feel for which settings to have it in for certain situations. Yesterday I was shooting the boys using the intellegent ISO settings, trying to aim for tack sharpness, which is much harder than it looks. *sigh*. I WILL get there eventually, but "real" photography is not as easy as it looks, lol!

0 comments:

Post a Comment