Tuesday 3 November 2009

I got a new toy!!! April 2008

The other day I won a Konica Minolta 50mm 1.7 fast prime lens on Ebay. I was a little wary about buying a second hand lens, but figured I needed to have faith, as the Sony Alpha 50.. 1.4 lens would have cost almost £300. Now I can have the lens and probably a speedlight for what I wold have been able to get for the cost of 1 brand new lens. Anyway, the lens arrived today!! I tried it on the camera straight way, had a panic when I couldn't get it to work, but when i put the kit lens back on, realised the battery was dead...phew! So charged the battery, put the lens back on, crossed my fingers and ....voila! Perfect! Originally dh wasn't going to let me have it until my birthday as it is technically a gift. However, there was a book her really wanted/needed and it was very expensive from the bookstore, so I came home and ordered it from Amazon.... for him to have for Father's day...in June! I told him if he wanted his book early, I would need a fair trade and wanted my lens early as I am starting a course next week. He agreed, lol!

Anyway, here are a few shots that i took whil practicing today, not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but I love the clarity, the DoF and the crispness.

First pic I took for fun, F4, SS 1/250, ISO 100
Photobucket

I then took the immediate right of passage and opened it up to 1.7, lol! F1.7, SS 1/640, ISO 100
Photobucket

Then I took a photo in a semi dark room, Zack had just woke from a nap. F1.7, SS 1/100, ISO 400
Photobucket

Learned that at 1.7 it is hard to nail focus, his 1 eye is in focus, the other is not, darn focal planes! His expression however is too cute to ignore. F1.7, SS 1/200, ISO 100
Photobucket

Just messing around. F1.7, SS 1/80, ISO 400
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment