Tuesday 3 November 2009

Magazine projects: July 2008

Posted july 2008


I think I have turned into a total geek, as I now have a small stash of photography magazines on my bedside table. I was leafing through the latest edition of Digital Photo and noticed they have mini projects inside that apparently are supposed to give you idea's of things you can do with a standard kit lens onyour DSLR. Now I know I don't have a DSLR, so my camera has some limitations, like an aperature of F2.8 - 8 instead of the F22 it was asking for to shoot flowing water, but I don't think my camera did a bad job considering I could only achieve F8 and I didbn't have a steam/waterfal, lol! It recommended practicing on an outside tap, so that's what I did and these are the shots I got:

Photobucket

Photobucket

There was also a project called "use flash to freeze action" in which the idea was to get a pic of a water droplet mid air. I was quite impressed with my end result, even though they aren't perfect:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And although I missed the water droplet on this last pic, I love the circular ripples and am seriously considering changing my "cirlces" entry:

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment