Wednesday 21 April 2010

Jamie: 5 years post op!

The short story is this: 11th APril is a very special day, a day to be celebrated. Jamie was born in apparently perfect health. A heart murmur was discovered when they did the routine checks, but found nothing amiss when they did further tests (BP and pulse ox). Fast forward through a lot of stress and heartache for us, Jamie was diagnosed with congenital heart defects when he was 9 months old. He underwent open heart surgery a week after his initial diagnosis. On this day 5 years ago, the team at Birmingham Children's Hospital saved my baby's life and I can never thank them enough. For now Jamie is happy, healthy and looking forward to his 6th birthday. Fingers crossed his check up goes well on 26th April.

5 years!

Celebrating my little miracle





My beautiful J







I'm sad this one is soft



The daffs are symbolic. Just before J was diagnosed, we took a pic of him in his pushchair, looking at a bunch of daffs that C had given him. Friends on a parenting board I used when J was little, turned that photo into an picture signature expressing their thoughts and prayers for Jamie's recovery. Naturally, I love daffs! The boys picked these for me and I brought them home!





0 comments:

Post a Comment