Tuesday 28 September 2010

Gentleshaw Bird of Prey Hospital & Wildlife Centre - in flight shots

Ok. I have been meaning to post these since I took them, but it took me over a week to sort and edit the ones I liked best and most of the time I couldn't decide and so edited more than I needed to, lol!

On 19th September a group of flickrite friends & I had paid to take part in a bird of prey photography experience. I had a fantastic time. I got to spend the day with like minded friends, having a laugh and a natter, taking part in my favourite past time and seeing these magnificent birds up close and personal. The centre is run entirely by volunteers and their dedication and devotion to the birds was plain to see. The 1st part of the day was dedicated to static photos & close ups and the afternoon was were we got to try our hand at in flight shots.

I am going to break the photos down into 2 lots as the post could get unbelievably ling otherwise, lol! I will start with the inflight shots. It was harder than it looked, easier with the slower moving birds. Thanks goodness for Nikon's 3D tracking capabilities!

DSC_0627





DSC_0735

DSC_0736

Not the best background, but there was going to be not such nice looking stuff in the background no matter where you stood.

DSC_0757







0 comments:

Post a Comment