Tuesday 26 October 2010

Local & wild Red deer

Where I live are an awful lot of fallow deer, some sika & muntjac and a small herd of red deer. I finally found them about 2 weeks ago but I think I missed their rut :(

Naturally I wanted to get closer, damn you for not being a 500mm lens! I crept quite close before he finally noticed me. I'm surprised he couldn't hear my heart hammering! I'm also surprised this turned out I was shaking so bad! I only had a 200mm lens and this is NOT a crop. Now imagine how close I was to those antlers!



I started to feel very panicky when he suddenly sniffed the air and stood up straighter......

284/365

Thankfully he wasn't sure what to make of the camera clicking and walked away



Was just about to leave (as little legs fell into a puddle, lol!) when this young chap appeared as if by magic.



0 comments:

Post a Comment